Snake River Prototyping, the company known for creating the original BlurFix has a brand new Dome Slip-Over CY Filter for the GoPro Dive Housing and the brand NEW BlurFix 3 SO for the GoPro HERO 3. This high quality CY filter is the first slip over color correcting filter for the GoPro Dive Housing. The BlurFix 3 SO is compatible with the GoPro HERO 3.
The BlurFix 3 SO accepts 55mm filters and the new URPro CYD (Dome CY) filter. For customers who already own a BlurFix, you’ll be happy to know that you can use your existing BlurFix and 55mm filters. The BlurFix3 SO can be purchased naked if you already own a BlurFix lens system.
**IMPORTANT!** Read full description for vignetting facts!
The new BlurFix3 SO will not vignette using the URPRO CYD (Dome CY filter) in any mode. Slight vignetting may be present in some GoPro HERO 3 cameras using the BlurFix3 SO topside. This may not be true for all GoPro HERO 3 Cameras. The first several HERO 3 Blacks had no vignetting, however SRP did recently find slight vignetting with the topside filters on their latest round of tests. They also tested the HERO 3 White and Silver and saw slight vignetting in 960 mode topside, and a very slight amount using the 55mm URPro filters. The vignetting disappeared 100% when taken underwater, but SRP is doing everything possible to make their customers aware of the potential vignetting topside prior to releasing products for sale.
Dome Slip-Over CY Filter
- Clips onto the GoPro® Dive Housing
- Patented dome color correcting filter by URPro
- The dome filter gives consistent color correction corner to corner
- Does not introduce mechanical or optical vignetting
- Wet filter design allows the user to slip the filter on & off while diving as conditions change
- Precision CNC machined black Polyoxymethylene (Delrin® ) frame